- Explain what social change means to you . What experiences from the course most influenced your understanding?
- Explain what in qualitative research you would like to know more.
- Reflect on your problem statement and the next steps for developing a research topic for your dissertation. Include an explanation of whether you would choose a qualitative approach, why or why not.
It’s qualitative research
Paper: The lack of education in Haiti
Ravitch, S. M., & Carl, N. M. (2016).
Qualitative research: Bridging the conceptual, theoretical, and methodological. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
- Epilogue, “Revisiting Critically, Reflexivity, Collaboration, and Rigor” (pp. 383–392)
- Chapter 10, “Crafting Qualitative Research Proposals” (pp. 299–342)
Rubin, H. J., & Rubin, I. S. (2012).
Qualitative interviewing: The art of hearing data (3rd ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
- Chapter 14, “Personal Reflections on Responsive Interviewing” (pp. 234–242)