In your readings, you explored the Freudian and Humanistic Theories and Social Cognitive Theory and the stages of development.
A NOTE ON FIRST PERSON: It is expected written work will be submitted in third person. The use of third person discourages the use of broad and universal statements and assists with the integration of required readings.
Based on your readings and using Social Cognitive, outline your blueprint for addressing the effects of racism either on a child. Include a comparison of what racism is like today in relation to what it was fifty years ago. How would racism affect the individual’s perspective if a racist act happened as an adolescent? How would racism affect the individual’s perspective if a racist act happened as an adult?
The blue print can be created using the following options:
Option 1: 2 page paper, double –spaced, APA format.
Your blueprint should have the following items:
1. Identifying racism.
2. Identify a specific group (Native American, African American, Hispanic, Muslim, Bi-Racial,ect.)
3. Apply Social Cognitive Theory.
4. Racism current and Racism 50 years ago.
5. Effects as a child.
6. Perceptions as an Adolescent. Would the adolescent be affected differently or be affected the same way as a child?
7. Perceptions as an Adult. Would the adult be affected differently or be affected the same way as an adolescent?
8. Identify three things to address racism in society.