Select oneof the following topics on which to develop a position. Then write a Position Paper for each topic
Selected Topic: Offshore and onshore wind as the backbone of U.S. energy future:
Consider ecological issues, system integration, resource spread, and global scale.
To successfully complete this project, you will be expected to apply what you have learned in this course and should include several of the following course objectives:
- Appraise a range of energy options, future prospects, efficiency improvements, and the implications of each for sustainability.
- Analyze energy decisions and make well reasoned recommendations to decision makers from a variety of perspectives including investment decisions, cost-containment choices, and assessment of ecological consequences.
- Have a practical business grasp of basic physical concepts, in particular, the first and second laws of thermodynamics that will inform an understanding of savings and investment opportunities.
Each Position Paper will include four parts, each with its own heading. Be sure to address the following items under the topics you choose:
- Current status of energy technology, including the triple bottom line
- Evaluation of current advances and trends, including the triple bottom line
- Identify the costs, timelines and policies necessary to make it a viable source
- Provide conclusions about the feasibility of the energy source in the future
Please complete a page paper for part 4.