Definition of Leadership
Based on the readings for this unit, your independent research, and your self-reflection, write a paper that addresses the following prompts:
- What is your definition of leadership?
- How important is it to have a definition of leadership? How does your definition support your perspective on the concept of leadership?
- What is your approach to understanding leadership? Does it start with a definition, or do you simply follow your instincts?
- What is your definition of management?
- What do you see as the differences between leadership and management?
Complete and submit your assignment as an attachment. You are also required to submit your draft to SafeAssign (Unit 1 Definition of Leadership).
Your paper should be 2–3 pages in length and include a minimum of two sources other than your textbook. Format your paper according to current APA style and formatting guidelines.
Example assignment: You may use the assignment example, linked in the Resources, to give you an idea of what a Proficient or higher rating on the scoring guide would look like.
Use your The Leadership Challenge text by Kouzes and Posner to complete the following readings:
- Chapter 3, “Clarify Values.”
- Chapter 4, “Set the Example.”
Use your Strengths Based Leadership text to complete the following readings:
- “Part One.”