Throughout this course you have produced journal entries which chronicle your experiences with various holistic health options for diabetes personal health concern (PHC). You have also been reflecting on applications of holistic health in your written assignments and participating in meaningful discussions based on various historical, philosophical, and practical aspects of this subject with your classmates, you will bring together overviews of the major facets of holistic health and describe how you might apply them in your own life. Additionally, this final assignment will assist you in building technical skills which will potentially aid you in your future career as a holistic practitioner to attract and/or educate clientele.
To begin, create a script document and a PowerPoint presentation. Refer to the HCS326 Final Presentation Template for formatting. The script will assist you to create a video presentation which will not exceed the five-minute time limit allowed for your screencast. The PowerPoint presentation should be a minimum of five to six content slides and must include the following elements:
- Examine the history and philosophy of holism and vitalism in traditional medicine systems and provide a brief overview of holistic philosophy.
- Compare and contrast holism within traditional medicine and reductionism in conventional medicine and then provide a brief overview of your PHC (personal health concern) chosen in Week One from the conventional model perspective.
- Provide an extended examination of your PHC through the holistic model perspective.
- Include a brief analysis of the connections between mind, body, and spirit which affect your PHC.
- Evaluate the determinants of holistic health according to traditional health care models and then provide an explanation of how you might apply specific holistic concepts to the cultivation of self-care practices which could then be applied to your PHC.
- Include a brief explanation of how your current understanding of the interdependence between you and your environment might be applied to the development of these self-care practices.
The Final Presentation PowerPoint:
- Must be five to six PowerPoint slides in length (excluding title and reference slides) and formatted according to APA style
- Must include a title slide with the following:
- Title of presentation
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must present succinct bulleted talking points related to the script.
- Must include the topics listed above.
- Must use at least four scholarly sources
- Must document all sources in APA style
- Must include a separate ending reference slide that is formatted according to APA style