Educational Solutions for the 21st Century Learner
Module 5 Elements of Language, Language Domains & Differentiated Instruction
Revised March 2021
Arizona SEI Required Framework Components
Module Learning Goals
After completion of this module, you will know you are successful if you can…
• Define and discuss ELP Standards and how they are formatted.
• Differentiate an assignment for the different levels of El students in your content area that focuses on reading, writing, speaking, listening or content area vocabulary development.
• Use appropriate strategies to differentiate instruction-based on English language proficiency levels and standards.
• OELAS ELP Standards: English Language Proficiency Standards | Arizona Department of
• Language Objective PowerPoint
• Blooms Taxonomy
• SIOP Language Objectives Cheat Sheet
• Wright Chapter 10 (Content-Area Instruction for English Language Learners)
• Wright Chapter 9 (Writing)
• Wright Chapter 7 (Listening and Speaking)
• Fairbairn & Jones-Vo Differentiating Instruction and Assessment for English Language Learners