Important: Pick a paper(s) that you can explain!
Grading Rubric for written review: This is to be written in the style of a formal scientific paper (not in terms of format, but in terms of language, etc, and ESPECIALLY in terms of citation.) All of the sections listed below must be written in YOUR OWN WORDS. Simply copying and pasting from the paper will result in a zero.
· Pre-approval of paper: 5 points (if you turn in a paper and I don’t approve it, you will not lose these points! If you fail to send me the paper by the date indicated, you WILL lose these points).
· Background of paper and Hypothesis of paper:10 pts
· Do you clearly explain the background of the paper and define all relevant terms?
· Do you make it clear how the background leads to the experimental questions (hypothesis)?
· Do you clearly identify the hypothesis of the overall paper?
· Explanation of all figures: 15 pts