In a two-page (500-word) paper, construct a comparison and contrast essay that incorporates one of the following guidelines:
- Compare online to on-ground education.
- Compare a book you’ve read to the movie adaptation (such as Lord of the Rings, A.I., or The Color Purple).
- Compare parenting styles.
- Choose your own topic. The topic should be approved by your instructor.
Consider what your topic has to offer your reader. Why should this comparison be interesting and/or relevant to your audience
Respond to the following questions and, if it’s relevant, include your own personal experience:
- Think about classes that you have taken in which the subject matter required you to compare and contrast two or more things based on their similarities or differences. For example, you may have studied different theories or disorders in your psychology course, or you might have studied different works of art in art history.
- Discuss the purpose of a comparison and contrast essay in organizing information.