Review: Chimeric contribution of human extended pluripotent stem cells to monkey embryos ex vivo by Tan et. Al. 2021
1. Describe the basic process for making a chimera (graphical abstract). What are some additional changes the research could try? (limitations of the study).
2. How long were the embryos monitored after chimera formation, which was at 6 days post fertilization (d.p.f.). What was the relative survival rate?
3. Why are scientists doing this type of work / what is the purpose?
4. Did the researchers follow proper guidelines, support your answer (go past the references to the additional material).
5. In your opinion should this type of research be continued, why or why not.
The following links discuss issues brought up by this research.