Assignment: Evidence-Based Practice (EBP) Project Student Guide
EBP Project Outline
Topic 2: Work Place Violence: An Examination of Its Prevalence and
Suggested Interventions for Management
The project should focus on a nursing-related problem related to nursing practice, advance practice, leadership, or education. Identify several topics of interest and have individual group members do a quick survey of the literature to be sure that there is sufficient evidence available.
In order to develop a guideline/protocol, you will need credible resources. The course readings include all of the information needed to complete this project. Chapters 1 and 2 of the Nursing Research: Generating and Assessing Evidence for Nursing Practice textbook provide the necessary information regarding EBP and how to find evidence. In Nursing Research: Generating and Assessing Evidence for Nursing Practice, the section “Resources for Evidence-Based Practice” in Chapter 2 will be very valuable. Chapter 5 provides strategies for locating and assessing credible information. The sooner you read these chapters with the project in mind, the easier it will be to complete the project.
Article that is to be researched: Spector, P. E., Zhou, Z. E., & Che, X. X. (2014). Nurse exposure to physical and nonphysical violence, bullying, and sexual harassment: A quantitative review. International Journal of Nursing Studies, (1), 72. https://doi-org.lopes.idm.oclc.org/10.1016/j.ijnur…
Title of the paper: Work Place Violence: An Examination of Its Prevalence and
Suggested Interventions for Management – Total number of words 500.
- Abstract/Purpose Craft a 100-150 word summary of the research article:.Nurse exposure to physical and nonphysical violence, bullying, and sexual harassment: A quantitative review. International Journal of Nursing Studies, (1), 72. https://doi-org.lopes.idm.oclc.org/10.1016/j.ijnur… (this is the only article you can use in the assignment – we are breaking it down)
- Describe the design of the article listed above its relevant research or study in the article.
- Methods Describe the methods used in the article listed above, including tools, systems, etc.
- Setting/Subject Identify the population and the setting in the article listed above, which the study was conducted.
- Findings/Results Identify the relevant findings, including any specific data points in the article listed above, that may be of interest to your EBP project.
- Variables Describe the independent and dependent variables in the research/study. (Independent Variable and/or Dependent Variable) from the article listed above
- Implication for Practice Articulate the value of the research to the EBP project your group has chosen from the article listed above.
The book and the article provided are the only 2 source that can be used – this is a focus on this one artice