This section sets out how your learning will be accessed, how your work will be marked and how the process of marking will be managed to ensure it is fair and equitable.
The assessment brief for this module can also be found on the module’s Blackboard site in the ‘Assessment’ section. We will discuss this all with you during Session 1 and throughout the module.
Assessment on the Module
MA Education Research Project 77-706016-Ns2-A
(Level 7 60 credits)
% weighting of overall module mark
Dissertation 12000 words
End of Module
1. Recognise the importance of positionality in undertaking social research and critically reflect on positionality and how it underpins research.
2. Critically appraise a wide range of literature sources to situate research in relation to dominant and marginalised discourses.
3. Define a worthwhile and manageable project, identifying and justifying the research methods and research strategy employed.
4. Critically evaluate the ethical issues associated with the study and demonstrate application and adherence to ethical principles.
5. Analyse, synthesise and communicate research findings with reference to the literature.
6. Critically reflect on the process and personal and professional impact of undertaking research.