Get the best flavours for your birthday cake | TODAY.com
Your Ultimate Guide to Perfect Cakes
Different Cake Making Methods
Everyone likes getting innovative while cooking. However, delicious cake making is all about getting the ingredient quantities correct, good temperature regulation, among other basic skills. Below are five different cake-making methods every cake enthusiast should master.
1. Creaming Method
Using this method, sugar and butter are mixed with lots of elbow grease till the mixture appears creamy. Gradually, the eggs are then added, followed by the dry ingredients.
2. All-in-one Method
With this method, all the ingredients are measured and put together in a bowl, and then mixing is done. As the name suggests, this method is as simple as weighing all ingredients, mixing them, and baking. It saves on washing up.
3. Melting Method
With this method, you first melt the butter in advance, then the eggs, and then add dry ingredients together with a chemical-raising agent. This technique produces dense and moist cakes since there is no whisking done to aerate the mixture.
4. Whisking Method
Instead of using a raising agent, whisking is used to generate a low in fat and a lighter sponge without butter. The first step involves whisking eggs and butter together and then adding the other dry ingredients to the egg mixture in batches. Care should be exercised to avoid getting rid of the air in the mix, for it results in the loss of the desired light and airy texture.
5. Rubbing Method
This method involves rubbing fat together with the flour using fingertips till the mix appears like a breadcrumb. You then add sugar, then a liquid such as milk. Upon adding the liquid is added to the mix, it is advisable to discontinue kneading the mix to evade a tough end texture.
Lemon Drizzle Cake
250g unsalted butter, 250g self-raising flour,260g sugar, 4 eggs, 100g icing sugar, 3 lemons.
· Preheat the oven to 180oC. Oil the cake tin and use non-stick baking paper to line its base
· Put all cake ingredients in a bowl and beat until smooth
· Transfer the mix into the cake tin and bake for 40 minutes
· Once the cake is fully baked, use a skewer to poke holes all over it while still hot
· Mix the icing sugar with enough lemon juice to make a thin paste.
· Pour the paste all over the cake and let it sink in. Below is a sample.
Lemon drizzle cake loaf recipe with runny icing
Chocolate Cake Recipe
250g Flour, 0.5L milk,250g sugar, 250g butter, chocolate, 4eggs, cocoa, and bicarbonate soda.
· Preheat the oven to 180oC. Grease the cake tin and use a non-stick baking paper to line its base with
· Melt the chocolate and butter
· Sift the dry ingredients and add bicarbonate soda in a bowl
· Whisk both the eggs and buttermilk in a bowl
· Stir the chocolate and egg mixture into the other cake ingredients then whisk into hot water until smooth.
· Transfer the mix into the cake tin and bake for 40 minutes. The result should be as below, depending on the shape of your tin.
Simple chocolate cake recipe that takes just 40 mins | delicious. magazine
Architecture and Design
Business & Finance