MG5615: Organizational Economics
Final Case Study Instructions
Choose a company to research. The company can be either a publicly traded company or privately owned, perhaps a company you are familiar with (but not your current employer). The key elements in choosing a good company for your case study are:
1) Is the company relatively easy to research? Is there plenty of available information on the inner workings of the firm?
2) Is it a company you’re interested in and/or do you like their product or service? (This will make it more fun.)
3) Is the company newsworthy? (Perhaps they’ve had a stunning failure, legal issue or maybe they recently created a killer product everyone wants.)
Once you have picked a company, post your company to the final case study paper discussion forum – week 4. No two students can pick the same company and approval will be given on a first-come-first assigned basis.
Note that for a large, multi-line or multi-product company, you may want to choose a single business line within the firm for your analysis. https://excellentwriter.xyz/uncategorized/choose-a-company-to-research-the-company-can-be-either-a-publicly-traded-company-or-privately-owned/ For example, with Apple, you would concentrate on their iPhone business only or with Google/Alphabet you would concentrate on just their driverless car project. You will find it much easier to focus your business analysis on one business line within a large diversified company.
Your final case study paper should be 6-8 pages and will consist of 5 sections (each about 1.5-2.0 pages).
The first section should be an overview of the company:
· What does the company do?
· What product or service does it offer?
· Where is it located?
· Who are its main competitors?
· What is the market structure (e.g. pure competition, monopoly, oligopoly, etc.)?
· How is it regulated?