Disaster and Emergency Management Program
• Planning Process • Plan Examples • HSP Example • HSP Selection Criteria
• Question 1- Your agency has determined that they need a Civil Unrest Plan. You have 2 weeks to produce a draft. What steps do you take?
• Question 2- Your Company has determined that they need a Civil Unrest Continuity Plan. You have 1 week to produce a draft. What steps do you take?
• Question 3- Your merging into a new Unified Public Safety Department. As emergency manager, how can you assist in the transition?
• HSP Examples
• HSP Selection Criteria Comprehensive Final Project– Develop a Hazards Specific Plan. This final will constitute 25% of your grade.
General topics for final project must follow the template provided. Select a Hazard from below (examples):
Natural Hazards: Hurricanes, fires, floods, tornados, invasive pest and diseases, etc. Human Generated: Hazardous material, infrastructure failure, terrorism, etc. Technological: Power Failure, cyber, transportation, nuclear, etc.
Emergency Planning • HSP Selection Criteria Students will be present their HSP Proposal. •5-slide PowerPoint and include:
i. Full Title (Slide 1 – Introduction) ii. Hazard (Slide 2) iii. Jurisdiction (Slide 3) iv. Specific Objectives (Slide 4) v. Summary of what you will cover in your HSP (Slide