Review the Laureate Education media
Review the Laureate Education media segment How to Observe Children in the Learning Resources. Familiarize yourself with developmental milestones for young children between the ages of 3 and 5. Then, watch the Laureate Education media segment Child Development: Preschool Children and complete the following:
Based on your observations of children between the ages of 3 and 5, provide the following:
Anecdotal descriptions for each of the developmental domains:
Three anecdotal descriptions that capture the interrelationship between developmental domains
Guidelines for anecdotal descriptions: Your anecdotal descriptions provide an objective summary of what you observed in the areas of social-emotional, cognitive, language, and physical development. For each description, be sure to include specific language that captures the nuances of development. Your descriptions should focus on one or two children and be a half page to 1 page in length for each developmental area and for each description of an interrelationship.
Following completion of your anecdotal descriptions for both age groups (birth to 2 and ages 3 to 5), write a 2- to 3-page reflection paper that responds to the following questions about your observation experiences:
- How do the observation data you gathered and the process you used to observe inform your ability to conduct observations in the field?
- What questions emerged during the observation process about the children in the media segment and the overall experience of observing? Did you experience challenges in remaining objective? If so, what were these challenges?
- As you reflect on the observation process and experience, what questions arise?
- What else would you like to know about the children you observed (related to individual and environmental factors)? What strategies could you use to gather this information?
- How did the data you obtained during your observation deepen your understanding of children’s development and learning and the interrelationship between developmental domains?
- What additional information do you need to acquire about how children develop? How could you obtain this information?
- How did what you observe exemplify what you are learning about within the course?
- How does data gathered during observation support your current role and/or future role in the field?
Cite appropriate references in APA format to substantiate your thinking.